With many celebrations coming up such as Birthdays, Graduations, 4th of July etc.. I thought I would put together a little gift guide perfect for travel lovers. So if you have a celebration coming up or simply want to treat someone (or yourself!) then keep reading…..
- Starting with a budget friendly option, you can’t go wrong with a personalized travel album. If you have pictures from a trip or know the other person puts up a photos from their trip on social media, why not gather them all and put into an album. There are so many services that can make photo books. They make such nice gifts because they look professional but don’t cost your entire bank. My favourite app for this is FreePrints because they give options to make the covers hardback or to add extras such as glossy pages or text.
- Scratch Map. As the name suggests, all you have to do is scratch the country you have visited. It serves as such a beautiful visual reminder of how many places you have seen! ‘Notonthehighstreet’ have some lovely ones and they are fairly affordable too. To make it more fancy, you could always buy a frame for it.
- For the eco friendly, I recently brought one of my friends a reusable travel straw/bottle which was made from recycled material. These are so handy for people who are always on the go and you know it is something that will be used frequently and promotes a healthier planet.
- Bucket List Destinations Book. For anyone who is a bookworm or simply likes to plan their travels, one of those books that lists must see cities or ‘500 must see destinations’ always goes down a treat. It offers a lot of inspiration plus takes up some of that dreaded long haul flight!
- Got someone who needs a push to save up for travels? A personalized travel fund box will probably do the trick! It will give a bit of excitement seeing the money bank fill up and will motivate the individual to keep adding loose change or savings into it. This gift is perfect for those traveling for the first time.
- Know anyone who is into their fashion? They would probably appreciate a stylish Travel Bag/Back-Pack/ Cabin bag. I am definitely someone who prefers to travel in style so the typical travel bags are not for me! My top tip is to search TJ Maxx or TK Maxx (depending on where you live) because they have so many HUGE everyday bags that work for travels. I take a plain black shopper bag with me as my travel bag because it fits more than a small suitcase ever could but looks like a regular handbag.
- Cotton travel organizers. I love this one. They are small cotton bags for different types of clothes and accessories so a bag for shoes to keep them clean, a bag for underwear, socks, etc.. The material means that you can fold them or change the shape of them which is useful when trying to squish it into the corners of your suitcase hahaha. These organizers also help keep track of the clothes you are taking so makes packing much easier.
- Small travel blanket. You know, for those times you have had to sleep at the airport, sat in the back row of the plane where it feels so cold, when you have missed your bus and have to wait an hour at night etc… Travel blankets are much thinner than normal blankets and not as big (obviously!) so can be folded up easily or tied to the strap of your bag. Highly recommend.
- If you want to get a little creative or use DIY skills then this one is for you. Why not make an Essentials Travel Box where you add all the useful things everyone needs but never buys! Think luggage scales, luggage tags, locks, portable chargers, snacks, travel guide and so on. I am sure every single human being will appreciate this one.
- Finally, a Food Hamper. Whilst this might require a little work to source and find, buying a ready hamper or getting a bundle of foods from abroad that people miss or have tried is always a unique and presentable gift. I suggest wrapping with cellophane to make everything look picture perfect.
I hope this provides some use for all those moments where we feel stressed at the thought of even THINKING of a gift idea.
Until next time, stay safe!