You will ADORE this recipe! I can already call it. So easy to make plus there is a gluten free and vegan version too which I’ve tried out.
Ingredients for regular version:
250 grams plain flour/ 1 egg / 180 grams caster sugar / 120 grams butter (melted) / pinch of baking powder, salt and drop of vanilla essence. Chocolate to top it
Ingredients for vegan and gf version:
250 grams gf flour/ 1 pouch of apple purée ( baby food section!) / 180 grams caster sugar / 120 grams dairy free spread (melted)/ pinch of gf baking powder, salt and drop of vanilla essence. Vegan chocolate to top it
Guys just look at it 😍
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease a square/ rectangular tin or add some baking paper if you prefer!
- Depending on which recipe you follow, mix your melted spread/ butter with the sugar until it’s all incorporated nicely. Add the egg/ apple purée and vanilla essence and mix well until it’s all glossy looking.
- Add the flour, baking powder and pinch of salt and stir until a soft dough forms. If you feel like your mix isn’t forming into a dough sprinkle a little more flour but don’t worry! Once in the oven it will be fine.
- Put into the oven for 20 minutes or so until you can see the top is golden. At this point break up all the chocolate you want to use and stick it into the top of the tray so that the chocolate melts whilst everything is still warm.
- Leave to cool then cut when cold. I know it’s tempting but cutting when warm spreads the chocolate too much as I swiftly found out lol.
And that’s it! Simple right ? In my experience these keep better in an airtight container as in the fridge they loose the chewiness a bit. A few days in a container is absolutely fine.
Until next time!